WELDING ENGINEER new
General Job Description:
- As a minimum: the welding Engineer will be responsible for:-
- Developing new WPS & PQR ‘s as and when required
- Maintaining all WPS & PQR records on file and for ensuring that they are suitably indexed & registered.
- Maintaining the records of the entire welder’s on file ensuring that they are suitably indexed & registered.
- Ensuring that welder’s qualification certificates are endorsed in accordance with code requirements.
- Constantly review welding production activities to see where it may be possible to improve productivity by means of using automatic /semi automatic welding processes.
- Assisting with improving welding production whilst maintain the highest level of weld quality as laid down in the applicable codes and client specification.
- Trouble shooting and resolution of all welding related problem areas.
- Assisting & advising on all welding related matters in preparation of project tenders.
Must have a recognized engineering Degree - Preferably in Metallurgy.
Must have a 8 + years of experience working as a bonafide“ welding Engineer “ involved in the welding of all types of steels : including carbon steels. Stainless Steel and High & Low Alloy Steels.
Professional Certification & Membership:
Must be Qualified / Certified European (CE) welding Engineer or equivalent with a professional membership of a recognized welding institute.
Candidate must have a good command of the English language .i.e. be capable of reading, comprehending and writing (clearly & concisely) in the English medium. Must be able to work with the minimum amount of supervision, and shall be a self motivated and ‘hand –on’ type of individual who has had extensive experience as welding Engineer pertaining to the Oil & Gas / Petrochemical industries. Must have working Knowledge of the various codes such as PD 5500,ASME IX,ASME B31.1, ASME B31.3 AWS DI.1 etc, and must be able to work under constant pressure whilst maintain the required quality standard as is expected from professional welding engineer. Must have a proven & Verifiable track record of having worked as a professional welding engineer – (Note: CSWIP and AWS Welding inspectors need not apply).
Salary & Benefits:
Enquire: Click Here to enquire about this position