ESTIMATING MANAGER M.E. & I
Our client is a World Class Contractor that Designs and Builds projects for many Industry sectors. In Singapore the focus is Oil + Gas but often our client is asked to perform in other sectors.
Here is a great Opportunity to work with a progressive firm, live and work in Singapore
To ensure detailed Tender submissions are compiled in accordance with the IMS for Senior Management Review.
Plan and co-ordinate Estimating Resources within the Business Unit and maximise success in tendering.
- Ensure estimating staff are fully trained and utilise the IMS.
- Regularly communicate with Operation, Discipline and Country Managers in compiling and reviewing business opportunities, market conditions and industry competitiveness.
- Prepare target Project Strategies – develop ‘winning’ strategies. Brainstorm.
- Assist Management in project selection to Tender.
- Allocate Estimators to specific tenders.
- Provide support to other Company estimators as required.
- Participate in tender reviews.
- Manage major bids within company and joint ventures.
- Ensure that estimates are compiled to conform to the client’s specification/design brief.
- Manage and operate all estimating databases.
- Registration of tender, submit Tender Notification.
- Perform direct cost and indirect cost estimating labour cost calculation.
- Perform risk assessment.
- Prepare cash flow.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and be conversant with new developments in construction and design technology.
- Assist Managers to compile various reports required by the Executive Committee and the Board.
- Aim to achieve or better budgeted new work.
- Represent the company at site inspections and in pre-award negotiations with clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Ensure the issue of request for quotations for plant, materials, equipment and subcontract services is in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure planned HSE and other training is carried out.
- Ensure that the company’s quality, safety and environmental requirements are accommodated in tender submissions.
- Ensure tender debriefs on unsuccessful tenders are carried out.
- Ensure that tender documents have been analysed, quantities take off and materials requirements established.
- Ensure the tender process is regularly reviewed to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure and participate in the handover of successful tenders to operational staff.
- Maintain development and consistency of estimating expertise within the Business Unit.
- Keeping informed of actual site costs. Periodic site visits.
- Ensure tender deadlines are met.
- Ensure all Performance Reviews carried out with resultant ‘actions’ implemented.
- Analysis of and comment on, proposed commercial terms to ensure limited exposure Companies submission.
- Minimise bid costs where practical.
- Ensure that analysis of RFQs to evaluate the lowest conforming quotation has been undertaken.
- Market research and general marketing of the Company.
- 3-monthly tender statistics to be prepared.
- Co-ordinate regular meetings for estimating staff.
- Any other duties as may be required by the Company.
Reports directly to the Mechanical Manager - Singapore Liaise with Discipline and Country Managers, QSE Manager, Commercial Manager, Engineering Manager, Finance Manager and various Business Units Staff.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 10 years estimating experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology and market applications / trends.
- Specialist knowledge of the tendering process and a sound understanding of fabrication, constructability, plant and equipment.
- Ability to estimate, lead and direct other estimating staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and apply innovative but practical solutions to complex issues.
- Focussed on meeting objectives and timeframes through the use of Company processes.
- Competent in use of relevant in-house software.
- Communicate clearly and concisely.
Enquire: Click Here to enquire about this position