SENIOR ENGINEERING SUPERINTENDENT
- Ensuring compliance where appropriate with Company Policy and procedures in accordance with the requirements of the ISM Code and ISO 9001: 2008, IS0l400I: 2004 & ISO 18001: 2007 Standards
- Ensuring Company owned and managed vessels are operated in a safe, efficient and economical manner and in full compliance with Class and Statutory regulations.
- Ensuring that all mandatory procedures i.e. Tool box talks, Risk assessments, permits to work, hot work permits etc, are used effectively and filed fur audit purposes.
- Participating in the S.A.F.E-R Card program and stopping and reporting any unsafe acts, but also reporting on good safe working practices observed.
- Ensuring that Vessels Planned maintenance systems are being operated and reported in the manner prescribed in the companies QA system Liaising with Vessel Masters and Chief Engineers as required and providing technical advice and Superintendent or other assistance where necessary.
- Ensuring that vessels continue to meet the standards and criteria required by Clients.
- Ensuring and participating in inspection and presentations on Company owned and managed vessels and compiling reports accurately indicating vessels' current equipment, machinery, structural and operational status.
- Co-coordinating and supervising vessel in service repairs, utilizing Superintendents and/or approved sub-contractors as required. To ensure all such repairs are completed in a timely and satisfactory manner and within the vessel's set operational budget.
- Preparing accurate and comprehensive vessel dry-dock specifications and supervising dry-dockings and repairs to completion as directed. Dry dockings and repairs may take place at a location remote from normal place of work.
- Liaising with repair yard management, sub-contractors, department Superintendents, Class and Administration to ensure all works are carried out in accordance with agreed specifications and time schedules.
- Providing written reports as required, detailing in service repairs, dry-docking repairs and surveys, including costs incurred during such activities.
- Reporting regularly to the Fleet Manager highlighting, any problems, progress, defects, repairs and suggestions for improvement.
- Taking part in the weekly operational meetings, and monthly Management meetings.
- Advising the Fleet Manager of any training needs identified which could improve efficiency.
- Working closely with the QHSE Manager so as to ensure implementation and ongoing compliance with Company & Client Procedures. Assisting with internal and external audits of vessels owned, managed or operated.
- Ensuring that the Company Journey Management plan QP07.l3 Level 1 Manual is strictly adhered to.
- Direct Reports: Engineering Superintendents
- Other Internal contacts: Divisional Engineering Manager
- Chief Engineer in compliance with STCW 111/2;
- Minimum 3 years of sea experience as chief engineer of offshore support vessels;
- Minimum 3 years of shore experience as Engineering Superintendent
- Excellent Knowledge of offshore support vessels;
- Proficient in MS Office
- Able to work under pressure;
- Valid Unlimited COC
Salary & Benefits:
Enquire: Click Here to enquire about this position